This is the US Visa in Thailand. If you are going to take your wife or Thai girlfriend back to the US, then you would need to have the correct US Visa for her. If you are married, then the K3 visa would be the correct visa for her or a US Fiancée visa from Thailand for your girlfriend. Also if you have been married for less than 2 years, a CR1 (Conditional visa) would be the appropriate visa for your Spouse, if married more than 2 years, the IR1 type of visa which be for Immediate relative will be the best visa for your wife. Speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand for more information.

US Spouse Visa

The visa process start once you have registered your marriage in Thailand. With the Thai marriage certificate in hand you will now need to obtain a Spouse Visa on a CR1 or IR1 for your Thai wife. This starts with the filing of the I-130 Immediate Relative petition with USCIS. You need to ensure that you have all the documents for this process. Your immigration attorney in Thailand will show you what will be needed. Once the document has been sent to USCIS they will then send you a receipt.

This receipt also called the “Notice of Action 1” from USCIS. Your application will then be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) which they will send you a “Notice of Action 2” to proceed with the next stage. You will note that the Spouse Visa is normally granted for 2 years and this is a multiple entry visa. This can be very useful as your Thai wife would not need to apply for advanced parole if you she wanted to leave and return in the 2-year period.

US Fiancée Visa

The US K1 visa application form Thailand takes between 6 and 8 months. This is the time from when you had submitted the I-129f application at the USCIS Service. This to the interview at the US Embassy and the granting of the visa. The process starts with the submission of the application for to the USCIS in your home state. There are only two USCIS centers so it would depend on which state you live in as the country. This has been split between Vermont and California. Once it has been submitted they will send you a receipt for this and it is called the Notice of Action 1. Also once they have completed the checking of documents and the application the documents they will send you a Notice of Action 2 and then the documents and application are sent to the National Visa Centre. Once the NVC has processed the documents it is sent to the US Embassy in Bangkok for the interview. Then for the remainder of the documents which may be needed.

The visa interview is conducted at the US Embassy and this is to check if the relationship is authentic. They will ask a number of questions depending on what type of visa you are applying for. You could also get a 221 (g) Refusal which means that the visa has been denied. This as there is still further evidence needed for the visa to be granted.

Also take proper legal advice from an immigration lawyer in Thailand as incorrect documents do create delays. Consider all your options for the US Visa from Thailand for your Thai fiancée.